Saturday, July 23, 2016

Activities

Went to T.O.P.S. knowing I had gained, but with me, if I keep skipping, I tend not to go back, so I went. I was okay with the fact that I gained only a pound; will try to take it off and more for next week.
After, I talked in the parking lot with a fellow member, Louise H., who lost her (ex) husband last month. We had a long talk and she may walk with me at Kimball, which I want to resume today.
Went to WinCo to stock up, then made a big salad I enjoyed for lunch. It's pretty warm, so I thought I'd go to the pool, but decided I didn't have time before I left for the library, then to the Friday wine and musicale at The Townhomes. Put pork loin in the slow cooker along with my usual "gravy."
Showered, then went to the library to pick up the book I wanted to get yesterday (but didn't have my card). To my annoyance, it was closed "due to the heat." Hey, it was only 76 degrees, what gives? I spoke to a young woman in the parking lot and she said she had complained to the county library director about various problems there. She gave me the director's info and I may add my negative comment to hers.
Went from there to The Townhomes, where I met Carole and Doris. I gave the information from Council on Seniors to the activities director and she asked me to send her more info on classes at the Adult Center. Met two recent residents named Kathy and Lee, a guy. They aren't married or related, in fact, just met yesterday themselve. I liked them both and gave both my card; told Kathy (Barrister? She said her husband had had a construction business) if she e-mailed me, I'd send her information on Beach Cities Neighbors and Newcomers.
When I got home, I had a message from Betty and called her back. She was to leave California yesterday, but didn't. It seems she started bleeding again and is in the hospital in L.A. Nothing has been decided yet as to why and the doc said her platelet count did not indicate it was the Von Wilbrawn (?) problem. I asked her to let me know when she hears anything definite.
Had the pork for dinner and it was excellent. Got an annoying third call from Time Warner; I don't even want to recount the snafus going on there, but the upshot was, I got them to agree to continue my monthly charge at the promotional fee.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...