Sunday, July 24, 2016

A Variety and Sleep

A pretty good getting-things-done day. I walked the walk at Kimball, did some houseworky things after breakfast, and--to an extent--cleaned out some of my one and only closet. Went to the library and picked up my Babe Ruth bio (which seems to me very well done, by the way), then went to AAA, as I was a little unsure about my policy. That was settled quickly and I also gave them my new CALIFORNIA! license number.
Went home and called my friend, Marge. She's out of rehab, but her health is still very fragile. Called Betty and it turns out, there doesn't seem to be a continuing problem. She said they were going to dismiss her yesterday, but she asked to stay another day, presumably because she likes it there.
About 2:30, I called El to ask is she wanted to go to the pool. Yes, she said, and I went to her place. The pool was heavenly and we stayed for an hour or two, then chatted in her patio. We made a date for lunch today, down at the harbor unless it's terribly crowded, then we'll go elsewhere.
Unfortunately, I had a terrible time even getting to sleep last night. I don't think I slept more than an hour, if that. Not sure whether I'll walk or not, I'm so draggy.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...