Monday, July 11, 2016

The Usual

Did the Kimball walk (yes, I'm keeping track here), then home for breakfast and crossword puzzle. After lunch, I called Ellen, who told me she was continuing her work on the patio. I invited myself over and found her strenuously leveling the ground so she could transfer the pavers. She had gone to Lowe's for weed blocker and sand beforehand--what a job! I mostly sat and kibitzed, but did deadhead her ivy geraniums. The place is shaping up, all right, but there's quite a bit to go.
Went home to cut up onions and peppers, added garlic, then ground turkey, stir-fried it up, put spaghetti sauce in and boiled some elbow macaroni. It made a yummy dinner and there's plenty left for another day.
Betty called. She's now in L.A. at her son, Steve's, and will be getting her colonoscopy on Thursday in Santa Barbara. She'll be here for a few weeks--not sure how long exactly--while her house is rented and beyond.
Went to stores to get new reading glasses, lemon pepper seasoning, and a few other things. Called my friend, Aline, as her birthday is today. She wasn't in, so will call her again today.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...