Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Stuff

Gathered my wash and went to the laundry place. There I again saw Gabby and we talked for a good twenty minutes. I was surprised to hear she had had her daughter, Dominique, (her only child and she doesn't want more) when she was 33. I know Dominique is seven, so that makes Gabby 40. She looks about 25 to me--but I guess that's because I've gotten so ancient.
Anyway, I went back to dry and fold, of course, then cleaned up the apartment a bit. I padded, wrapped up, and addressed the Rider memorabilia and took that, plus several other pieces of mail to the post office. Went from there to town, but didn't stop, as my knee is still bothering me.
Went home and spent a fair amount of time writing some stuff; not sure if there's any good, aside from one piece.
I had tried to e-mail, then call my cousin, John, to ask something about the family, but my e-mails come back. I called him, but he didn't answer and I left a message. It was his birthday--I wished him a happy--and asked him to get in touch. When I got home, he had e-mailed me (I had the wrong address) and said he'd call today.
I've been using the ice pack on my knee and it does seem to be improving. Hope it continues to do that.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,

Alternate heat with ice....20" on......20"off.

Mimi said...

Pat, that's what my OT daughter told me--will try it.

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...