Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Dexa and X-Ray

Got to Rolling Oaks--I keep wanted to say "Rolling Thunder"--Radiology early, but perused a People magazine for a time. I wasn't very interested, as I didn't know who most of the "stars" were. I noticed, though, that it's written on a fourth grade level. If this is what passes as culture in our beleaguered land, we're doomed.
Got the dexa scan first, then the x-ray; they didn't take long and weren't uncomfortable.*
Drove into town after to go to the library and drop a book off; picked up two more. Right now, I'm into both Bernie Madoff and Princess Diana. I also have the bio of Moss Hart, which I've barely opened. I'm like a kid in a candy store, I guess.
When I got home, I made a large salad. Stir-fried onions, garlic, and hamburger and added some of the "sauce" (mushroom and onion soup) I had left over from the pork loin. I didn't put it on bread, but just ate it with a fork. Damn good if I say so myself and I do. After, I drove to CVS to get ice packs, then took a rather long drive out Foothill Road. It was such a gorgeous day, with flowers coming up everywhere and puffy white clouds teasing the green hills.
I had e-mailed the archivist at Rider to see if he wants the memorabilia I have and he wrote back saying he did and thanking me. I told him I'd donate them and would pay the postage.
Betty called as I was cooking up pasta and we had a nice chat.
*Ironically, when I got up just now (7:45 am), my knee doesn't feel half bad. Maybe it's a miracle cure?

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...