Saturday, September 01, 2012

Productive Day

A good, productive (for a change) day.  After walking and breakfast,  I finished folding and sealing the flyers for Dine-Around, and drove around to deliver them.  When I gave Leslie hers, she invited me in and we had a good heart-to-heart talk.  After that, stopped at the doctor's office to straighten out a thirty dollar charge I had gotten from Atlanticare.  Went to Bank of America for a minor transaction, then to Acme and got a nice piece of salmon.
In betweentimes, I cleared up some paperwork, did some things on the computer, and put in a few loads of wash.  Late in the day, aware of the incredible heat outside, I jumped up, tore off my clothes, put on my suit, and went to the pool.
I jumped in--no, that's not quite accurate, so let me start over:  I lowered myself slowly in, and stayed there for about a half hour.  It was heavenly.
Home, I showered, then cut up peppers and onions, and fried them with the salmon.  Yummy, yum, yum. 
Called Marge D. and left a message just saying hello.  Got a e-mail back this morning saying she and Fred had been at the supermarket, but she'd call me today.
I was charmed to see that my niece, Joan R., had put on Facebook pictures her mother, my older sister, had left her.  They included Betty and me, one shot with our friend from across the street (can't remember her name), dressed in the capes and hats our Aunt Maggie had made us.  I still have my doll, Linda, for which Aunt Maggie had made identical outfits, and took pictures of her wearing the cape and hat.  Such sweet memories.  
 

No comments:

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...