Friday, August 31, 2012

Cemetery Visit And Killing

Met Betty, who had come from her Thursday breakfast group and we drove separately to the cemetery.  We talked about Wes, of course, and our other lost loved ones.  It's so very hard to believe it's been 38 years since Wes died.  Betty was a year younger than that when she became a widow. 
I had bought a dozen red roses and we laid four on the gravestone for their four children.  She took pictures and we talked and, of course, laughed, cried, and reminisced. Suddenly, a line of  motorcycles roared into the cemetery followed by a hearse and several other cars.  We found out later they were there for the burial of a guy who was active in the Ventnor EMT squad.
Went to Pat's grave where I watered and left a single rose.  I gave the rest to Betty to take home. 
We lunched at Italian Gourmet, one of my favorites, and both had chicken breast over linguine, with salad and iced tea.  Parted and I drove home to finish off my Dine-Around invitations, which I must deliver soon.
I had shown Susan my lanterns from QVC, after reading Pat R.'s mention of hers.  Was amused when Susan e-mailed me that she had bought not only two for herself, but sets for her daughter and son.  Wrote Pat she should get a commission.
Now I must turn my attention to several obligations and/or "desires to do," including finishing my rhyming couplet play, clearing and cleaning up a lot of junk, and calling Heathcare From Hell* about a bill for thirty bucks which I don't owe and will dispute until I keel over with a malady for which they probably won't pay, either.
*Oh, it's really Horizon Medicare Blue?  Sorry, my mistake.   
WIDER:  Here's something from my pal, Justin R., at Anti-War.com, that simply says it all about Repubs (AND demos, don't forget that) and their crazed desire to "lead" by killing:
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2012/08/30/foreign-policy-night-in-tampa/

1 comment:

Jim Wetzel said...

Thanks for the link ... one of Mr. Raimondo's better efforts, and one that I had missed until you referred to it here.

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...