Friday, August 24, 2012

Interim

A kind of interim day, which isn't a bad thing after all my activity lately.  Got foodstuff at Shop-Rite and tidied up a bit.  Went to the library, re which: .
Help, I'm drowning in the printed word!  I'm still plowing through Stephen King's gigantic latest and haven't yet finished the bio of Moss Hart and the pacifist memoir by the army doctor in Vietnam.  In addition, I bought three recently from the library's on-going book sale and I have the last issue of Vanity Fair waiting in the wings.  There's a stack of four or five books in my bedroom I haven't gotten around to reading and I just picked up the one(stories by Updike) I requested from the library.  Add to them the daily Press of Atlantic City (well, all you need to five minutes and an IQ of ten to read that) and The NYTimes three days a week.  Guess it's clear why I don't watch much T.V.  It may also be clear why the biggest fear of my life is losing my eyesight.
Going to Betty's this evening for her block party and will probably stay over.  Hope Carole Wimberg C. will be in town.  We've been in touch and she indicated she might be; it's always good to see old friends.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...