Sunday, August 19, 2012

Annie

Picked up Aline and Susan a bit before noon and we went to SeaOaks for lunch.  We all had soup and a half-sandwich and I added a "Sierra Madre."  It's a beer new to me, very full-bodied, but golden and with a hint of citrus.  They have it on draft, as I prefer, and boy, is it good.
Got to Annie in plenty of time--curtain went up at 2:00--and joined the hordes of others who filled the auditorium.  We were lucky in that there was nobody sitting in the seats directly in front of us, so we had a clear view of the stage.
The show was so-o-o good.  The set relied mostly on furniture (and that was sparse), but it gave the illusion of more.  Of course, it's a fun play, and I've seen it, or parts of it, several times.  Everybody's familiar with "Tomorrow," which the 12-year-old lead put over beautifully.  For that matter, all the child and adult performers were superb, the kids dancing and singing to a fare-thee-well.
It wasn't over until 4:30, after which I drove the sisters home.  As he had requested, I sent Bruce B., a fellow member of LETCO, a description of the Annie sets (or lack thereof) via private message on Facebook.
Spent the rest of the evening on this and that, mostly computer stuff.  I signed onto a new "free games" site called Pogo and now wish I hadn't, as I can see I'll be getting all kinds of communications from them, even though I didn't check the "send me stuff" box.  Will try to be removed from it.
Heard from son P., in Tokyo, that his e-mails to me are consistently refused.  Damn and double-damn Comcast!  Tomorrow, I intend to call its Mark Casem and demand to know why.  This guy is, I assume, chief of the company Gestapo arm, considering his habit of monitoring my blog. Wonder if he'll read this with fear and trepidation.  (Yeah, sure, Mimi; more likely with a deep and sinister chuckle.)
  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, Ha, HAAAA .....

Jim Wetzel said...

Please forgive me for suggesting the obvious, but have you checked your "junk mail" folder? Sometimes, Outlook will send things there for no discernible reason ... but then, I don't suppose that's what's happening, because your son wouldn't report his mail being bounced.

You might check with him to be certain he doesn't have some unnoticed typo in your email address, causing it to not be your email address.

Mimi said...

See today's post for the explanation, Jim.
As for Anon--I suspect a certain somebody now living in the U.K., but will not dignify his comment with a comment.
Oh, wait, I just did...

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...