Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Lunch And Stuff

Picked Aline up at 9:30 and drove to Stockton State.  We both marveled at how large the campus is--for our poky part of the country, anyway--and met John P. at the appointed time.  He gave me back my script, we chatted a bit, then we left.
Next stop was the cemetery, to which I introduced Aline (I've taken a number of friends and relatives there).  I watered the plants and we chatted a bit about the looming presence of death, but not sadly.
At Produce Junction, we both got fruit and veggies.  I bought a bouquet of red carnations as a get-well gift for Susan and two darling little plants for myself in pretty, vaguely oriental-looking porcelain containers.
We weren't to meet Betty until 12:30, so we went to the Boscov's mall, where I bought a pair of walking shoes (read "sneakers").  Miracle of miracles, they fit and are comfortable.  I have in my closet several other pair, for the last of which I spent $65.00 and barely wore, abandoning them  when they became uncomfortable in mere days.  I'm happy with my purchase.*
We got to Shore Diner just as Betty was arriving and had a nice lunch.  Indulged myself (when do I ever do otherwise?) with a raw onion and liverwurst sandwich on rye and a Blue Moon.  Betty invited me to come to the block party her street is having on Friday, and I think I will.
Went to the sixty-nine-cent store next, where we each got a few--yes, sixty-nine cent items.  Ran into Rita Somebody, who always attends the L.'s Christmas party, as I do. Said goodbye to Betty, then Aline and I drove home, stopping at Acme for fresh corn.
Called Comcast and straightened out--I hope--why son P.'s e-mail is being rejected.  I was told that server is a source of spam and conveyed same info to P.
Got an e-mail from Leslie, asking if I was available for a little excursion tomorrow or Wednesday.  Wednesday's out, but we arranged for lunch and some kind of enjoyable jaunt today.  Guess I'm holding true to my "never turn down an invitation" mantra.  
* Good grief!  Is there any topic more boring, and marginally disgusting,  than old lady-feet?  And in the scheme of worldly events, how important is the fact that I bought a pair of sneaks yesterday?  Must ponder that.   

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...