Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Enjoyable Day And Propaganda

Early on, the doorbell rang when two missionaries came calling.  Really--they were Jehovah Witnesses, an old man and a young girl.  Now, I am not of that persuasion--or any other, actually--but I always feel sorry for door-to-door types, envisioning the amount of rejection, even ridicule, they must take.  Didn't invite them in, but did chat on the porch, telling them of my ideological stance (absent) and listening to the old man read from scripture.  I assume the girl was in training.
Dressed and picked up Leslie at 12:30, after which we met Betty at Shore Diner.  Had a nice congenial lunch, then we converged at Produce Junction and bought veggies.  Said goodbye to Betty after making a date for her to come here to go to the pool tomorrow.
Les and I stopped at the cemetery to water on the way home, then I dropped her off after a pleasant, low-key day.
WIDER:  I'm often amazed--although I guess there's no reason I should be--at what so many people so easily swallow--especially, of course, the constant crap issuing from the bowels of government.  Before some PR firm went to work for big bucks from our esteemed leaders, when did anyone dream of walking up to a stranger in fatigues to "thank a soldier"?  And why are they thanking them--for being willing to exterminate other complete strangers in countries about which they know nothing?  This guy has some thoughts on the subject:
http://blogdredd.blogspot.com/2012/07/this-is-your-brain-on-propaganda-4.html

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...