Friday, August 03, 2012

Delightful Day

A delightful day.  Got a call from the northern dweller asking if I'd like to come up for dinner, then a jaunt somewhere.  "Sure thing!"  We made a date for 5:00 pm.
Was pleased to receive a return e-mail from John P. sayng he's interested in the part of Ed in the play.  Made a date to meet him for breakfast this morning.  I'll bring my script and let him borrow it until I return from my trip.
Betty arrived about 11:30 and we quickly repaired to the pool. It was heavenly, wonderfully refreshing, and we spent several hours in and out of it.  It was, as ever, not at all crowded, but we chatted with Nick and Lucille, and several others.  Thanks to our Produce Junction run, I had watermelon, cantaloupe, and blueberries, and had cut them up before we left, so we enjoyed them poolside as a light lunch.
Left about 2:00, showered, and I showed Betty my new "hidden object" game.  After she played it for a bit, she was hooked, and thinks she'll order it, too.  We parted about 3:30 and I prepared for the northward drive.
Arrived on time and enjoyed a scrumptious (what ever happened to that word?  My mother used it, but I haven't heard it for years) of whole made pizza and salad.
The lady of the house and I then left for Spring Lake and what a beautiful--and expensive--town it is.  Huge houses by gigantic dwellings by sumptuous (rhymes with "scrumptious") mansions sit side by side facing the ocean.  We walked briskly on the low-to-the-sand boardwalk for almost two miles out and two back, enjoying the breeze--what there was of it--and each other's company.
Didn't get back to the house up north until after 9:00 and left immediately for home, arriving at the ungodly hour of 10:15.  Went to bed and slept reasonably well (I've been restless at night lately).
Must pick up Susan for our walk, then meet John P. for breakfast at 9:00 in Absecon.  Then I have to pack; I'm leaving soon!

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...