Monday, August 06, 2012

The County Fair

We went to the Ventura County Fair yesterday and had a ball.  Lots and lots of all kinds of interesting, attractive, hideous, dopey, and fun things.  I wanted to get a tee shirt, but will wait for one from Ventura, or somewhere.  Had a sausage, pepper, and onion sandwich for lunch, along with an eight-dollar Coors Light.  Enjoyed a dancing show by children of Mexican descent and smelled the loathsome sheep, goats, and cows.  Naturally, had to have soft ice cream: mediocre and a very modest portion for a hefty five bucks (the opposite of generous Jeffreezies).
Anyway, it was fun and they had shuttle buses there and back.  We left about five, then went home to change and walk over to the hot tub and pool just a bit away. 
Hot tub was too hot for me, but felt fine when I sat on the step and just had my lower half in.  After a few noisy teenagers left, we had it to ourselves and it was so enjoyable, as the sun went down and it got a bit cooler.
Back home, Ellen served a yummy salad, then we each had one of her Bistro M.D. dinners.  Mine was Satay chicken--very tasty--and hers a seafood dish.  Following that, we played a WiFi or XBox futuristic game, which I couldn't even understand, with our popcorn (and Chardonnay for me).  El also showed me some scenes from the 1954 movie The Long, Long Trailer, with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.  She wanted me to see the harrowing sequence as they haul a trailer up a mountain road.  Ho, ho, she loves to twit me about my acrophobia! 
I went to bed before Ellen, who tends to stay up late and sleep late, too.  Slept like a log.

1 comment:

Becca Press said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Sucks that the hot tub was too hot for you. I love hot tubs, they're so relaxing.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...