Saturday, September 29, 2012

Lull

A lull of a day.  Aline called early and caught me up on the rest of Thursday's rehearsal.  She's spending the weekend in Manhattan, so I won't see her until Monday's rehearsal.
Naomi called to discuss a silly letter in The Communicator (the privately-owned community paper).  It reached all kinds of sinister conclusions by comparing the birthrates of Muslim (high) and Americans (low), presumably the only humans who count.  The woman deplored abortion as the killing of innocents, but of course, didn't mention the slaughter of children in the middle east.  (The convictions of most pro-lifers I know stop at the mouth of the cervix.)  I couldn't figure out if she was recommending abortion  for Muslims or what.  Stupid.
Finally coordinated with Flo and got my jeans hemmed.  Went to B & B for a produce run; got Brussels sprouts, broccoli, yams, tomatoes, and peaches.  Drove later to the Manahawkin Shop-Rite for a slew of other things, including a big bag of fresh/frozen jumbo shrimp (raw), some of which I had for dinner.  Also revived the frozen corn on the cob I had stripped,  cleaned, and frozen last week.   
Aside from that, nothing much went on and I don't anticipate much today.   That's okay once in a while, but I wouldn't want it to happen too often.  

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...