Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rehearsal

I needed to replenish my supply of veggies, so ran over to Santori's after breakfast.  On the way, it occurred to me that Betty might be working on Jimmie Leeds Road, so I called her and left a message.  Even drove into the parking lots of the two nursing homes she visits and Italian Gourmet, but didn't see her car.  Went to the cemetery and watered.  Betty called back and said, no, she wasn't working.  Talked to her later, too.  Showered and dressed after dinner, then picked up Aline for rehearsal.
Boy, does this show need work.  Mary and Jim were out, their daughter having been married on Saturday; guess they were exhausted.  In addition, Fred is on vacation, so those parts (and M.'s and J.'s are major roles), had to be read by Tonya, Barbara, and Laura, the script girl.  Latter can barely read, it seems, and of course, does so in a complete monotone.  In addition, "Ed" (Rick in real life), who has a semi-major part as Essie's (Lucille) husband, is still reading word-by-word off the script, often losing his place anyway. Worse, he also reads in a complete monotone--and he's in the show, for Pete's sake!
We did the first two acts and I'm only in the second, so I got a chance to see the beginning from an audience seat.  Seemed a little draggy to me, but I'm sure it'll pick up.
Tonya asked me to drop off tickets to the Seaport and Aline offered to go with me.  As long as she is, I suggested lunch and she agreed with pleasure.  We'll go to ScoJo's, which is right next to the Seaport; I haven't been there for an age.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...