Friday, September 21, 2012

Lunch And Rehearsal

Betty and Carole arrived at noon and Susan shortly thereafter.  Carole loved my pictures, particularly the large ones of old Atlantic City over the couch.  We talked and talked, then sat down for lunch close to 1:00. 
I served what is pretty much my standard for guest luncheons: a green salad, chicken salad, deli ham and American cheese, various breads, and crystal pickles.  B. and C. had iced tea, Susan wine, and I a Blue Moon Susan had thoughtfully brought over.  Carole brought a wonderful apple cake, which I served along with the cut-up fruit I had made.  Susan also brought me a bottle of white wine called "Sweet Bitch," a source of great merriment for all of us.
After lunch, we all sat on the porch and continued our talk, which ranged from what our families are doing, to Carole's colorful teaching career in Japan, China, and South America, to the afterlife, if any.
Susan left about 4:00 and I took Betty and Carole over to see the clubhouse, after which we said goodbye.
Just had time to clean up and put in wash before I changed to pick up Aline for rehearsal, which was held at Barbara Hobe's.  (The school had a PTA meeting in the auditorium.  I can't imagine why these things can't be known ahead of time, but they always seem to just come up.) 
We first went over only the second half of act two, so my part was minuscule, but integral to the play.  Tonya directed us to go over it several times, as timing and blocking are crucial to this part and all characters--fifteen of them--are on the stage at once.  It was a bit cramped at Barb's, but it went pretty well.  Act one was scheduled for after that, so I made sure somebody would take Aline home, and left. 


No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...