Sunday, September 09, 2012

Slow

Slow day.  Got in touch with Jo B. and she agreed to paint the October cover.  She stopped in and I showed her my rough sketch.  She stayed for a bit and I got to know her better.  A few years back, Jo, who has been divorced since she was in her twenties, caused a lot of talk by taking up with Frank L., a landscaper who used to do a lot of work around here.  He's a really nice guy and everybody likes him.  Wonder of wonders, before long he and his German shepherd moved in with Jo and her mother.  (Were it me, I may have welcomed Frank, but not the G.s.).  A few years later, Mum and mutt both died.  Jo and Frank are still "together," but he spends a lot of time at his other home up north.  Has a mentally challenged brother and a farm up there.
Aside from that mildly interesting encounter and a mundane supermarket trip, I didn't do a lot except computer stuff.  Wish I could say I had worked on my various writing projects, but I didn't.  Mostly read what other people had written and played hidden object games.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...