Sunday, September 02, 2012

Bathing Suit And So On

After struggling with the back clasp of my bathing suit since I bought it, I decided to go to Kohl's for a new one or two.  Of course, I found they no longer have any--story of my life.  Same with the terrific little hand-held, battery-operated fan with a water container attached that my nephew, Wes, said he had gotten at K-Mart.  No, the summer merchandise is all gone, presumably to make way for the back-to-school/fall and winter crap, although, of course, it's ninety degrees in the shade.  (You can come out now, children; rants over.) 
Ran into Tara K. and we chatted.  Hope she's able to get back to the theatre group before too long.
Picked up some groceries at Acme and took my BP.  I was alarmed to see it was 154/86 before shopping.  After, though, it was 131/88, which I guess is better. 
Made a salad, cut up some veggies, then puttered around at home.  Betty called to tell me her neighbors, who had bought our Mom's home next door to her, were having a house sale and did I want to come down for it?  Said no on two grounds: 1.  I'm not driving toward A.C on Labor Day weekend and 2. I don't want any more stuff as I have plenty of my own of which I'd like to get rid.  We had a good talk, though.
Spent a fair amount of the rest of the day day reading and playing two new "hidden object" games. This is my new craze--I'm sure it'll pass--and I enjoy them immensely as long as they're not too complicated.  I'm always amazed at the quality of the graphics and the sophistication of the various avenues to solving the "mysteries."  I have two Agatha Christie games, one generic mystery, and one in which the pictures are cartoon-like.  In that one, rather than solving a murder, the player decorates the main hall of a mansion. I like it because the two animated characters--Austin, the butler and a little doggy--move, talk, and interact in a sense with the player.  When it comes to fruition, there's a big party with fireworks (inside!), banners, and a number of "guests."
No, it doesn't take much to activate my kiddie side. 

No comments:

Monday

Set off for the mall and Target at 10:30. I got some staples (plant milk, blueberries, grapefruit, etc.), but decided to hold off buying the...