Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lunch, Dinner, And The Pinelands

Picked Aline up at noon and we went to the Tuckerton Seaport to drop off the tickets Tonya had asked me to deliver.  We then went next door to ScoJo's for lunch.  Aline confided in me that her nephew, whom I had met the other day, probably has Asberger's Syndrome.  We talked very seriously about that and I told her about my own nephew, who was afflicted with the same problem.  Aline asked me to come in and talk to Susan, who is, of course, worried at her son's condition.  We decided jointly not to mention my nephew, whose Asberger's led to such tragedy.
Susan was very attentive as we talked.  I told her of others in my extended family (two cousins) who seemed to exhibit the same tendencies. As we were talked, her son called, which heartened her and Aline.
Got home and sat reading until the northern dweller came and we went off to Dynasty for dinner.  Took separate cars, as we were going to the Barnegat branch of the library for a Pinelands Photography Group program. 
The program was delightful.  Not only did it include framed photos by members, but there were two slide shows, one by a woman who lives in Warren Grove who took some wonderful pictures of the woods and lakes, the other by a photographer/artist who illustrated the use of photos in her art.  I loved some of her paintings, in particular one with a black background that included several frogs in various stages of growth.
Drove home through a heavy downpour; the touted tornadoes never showed--around here, anyway.  

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...