Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Rehearsal

To Manahawkin to pick up a few items, then various and sundry chores of no interest at all.
Went to rehearsal, which is coming along, but still far from being ready for opening night.  My small part went well and the others weren't bad.  It's somewhat of a drag being only in the second act, but there are compensations.  For one, I have so few lines I was able to commit them to memory almost immediately.  Also, I open the second act and close it, too.  In the interval, I'm asleep on stage, which is kinda fun.  (Of course, I have to fake it now, as we don't yet have furniture on which for me to stretch out.)  Finally, I get to really ham it up by singing loudly and drunkenly several times. 
We did all three acts, which meant that after taking Aline home, I didn't get in until after ten.  Had told Susan I probably wouldn't walk, and I didn't.  Had my usual t.v., popcorn, and wine before I turned in, and slept until 7:15.  Slug-abed!
Today, I'm picking up Aline, her sister, and Jeanne S. and we'll lunch, then attend Steel Magnolias at Surflight Theatre.  It'll be fun to see it, especially for me; I had a major part in it for LETCO in 2010.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...