Monday, September 24, 2012

Opera

A kind of mixed, but not bad day.  I was just about to get in the shower when a friend of mine called.  She was very upset--I won't go into why--and I went over to her house to try to help.  I listened for a solid hour as she told me the problems she's facing.  I didn't ask many questions (she was telling me a bit more than I wanted to know) and certainly didn't offer any advice, but I think it helped her to have me lend a sympathetic ear (sometimes, these hoary cliches are useful).  When I thought it was safe to leave, I had just time to grab a bite for lunch, dress, and get to the opera at the clubhouse by 1:30.
It was LaTraviata, which I've seen before and like a lot. Not many people there, but it was enjoyable.  Got home after 4:00, then I went for a drive and just putzed around after until time for dinner.  Called Betty, who has to work today, then is leaving for Chicago tomorrow.  After that, she takes off directly to California--lucky her!  Ellen Skyped me, always highlight of the week, and we had a good talk.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...