Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dine Around And Gitmo

Preparing for Sunday's Dine Around, I called the few members who hadn't yet responded.  We now have 22 people going, a good group.  Drove up to the restaurant--Serpico's, formerly Spiaggia e Luna--to tell them and check the place out.
I'm glad I did, because I discovered there's a parking lot leading to the back entrance, which is really the main one.  This is much more convenient than the municipal parking down the street, especially for the two  attendees in wheel chairs.  Called or e-mailed the group to let them know this.
Stopped at the SOCH thrift store and found a top to match my stage outfit of flowing "lounging pajamas," or whatever they used to be called.  The one that came with it is a bit snug.
Spent some time on the little word puzzles I'm going to have guests do at Dine Around.  Judy usually brings a Kindergarten-level quiz ("name two states that start with 'N'") and thought I'd vary the formula.  Can't remember what these are called, but here's an example:
     Turkeys + flowing water + ?
Answer: Toms River.  (All of the puzzles concern places or people the attendees know.)
I knew Susan's husband, Walter, was going to the Barnes & Noble in Brick, so asked him to pick up for me a copy of Sum: Forty Tales of the Afterlives.  I had gotten this from the library and found it so imaginative and absorbing, I waned to own it.  Told Judi G. I'll lend it to her when I did and will give to Neil to bring home to her tonight.
Packed the car with the concessions stuff and transferred it to Fred's car when we arrived at rehearsal.  His wife, Cynthia, is taking over, thank heavens; I'm glad to finally get it out of the guest room.   Aline is in Manhattan for the opening of the Met, so I went alone.  It went pretty well, although both Ricks--one plays Ed, the other Mr. Kolenkov--were out.  I'm having serious concerns about the former, who seems to have been absent more often than present. We did only acts one and two, but it ran much too long.  Will run over the whole play tonight.
WIDER:  Want to get really sick? See the following.  Be sure to note the penultimate sentence in the explanatory narrative at the beginning.
http://www.commondreams.org/further/2012/09/24

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...