Saturday, September 08, 2012

Rehearsal And HST

Got back to Home Depot to exchange bulbs and Northern Dweller came later to install them.  Went to The Breeze meeting at 10:00 to discuss  upcoming projects and covers.  I suggested for October a big jack-o-lantern holding a beer stein with "Hello, Autumn!" underneath.  Others liked it and I said I'd contact Jo B., who paints, to see if she'd do it.  Called her and left a message.
Got an e-mail from Leslie.  Her granddaughter, tiny Amelia Antonia R. (long Italian moniker), five months old, will undergo surgery on Monday to repair a heart problem.  I sent her back a message.  I know everybody's pulling for the tiny baby with the big name.
Niece Joan R. called and we had a nice chat.  I had sent her a book on our shared paternal ancestry, as it was a duplicate.  Thanked her for posting pictures of her mother's and my sister's wedding day from 1947.
Picked up Aline for rehearsal.  It went well, I think, although we're really just starting and boy, we don't have a lot of time.  I have to render some drunken singing three times.  Substituted funny, mildly risque tunes for the original dated in-jokes, and they were met with howls of laughter.  (Geez, improving on Kauffman and Hart!  I should be strung up.)  It's a great relief to finally be back on the stage on which we'll perform, although it was piled with books and boxes last night rather than a set.
WIDER:  “The main problem in any democracy is that crowd-pleasers are generally brainless swine who can go out on a stage and whup their supporters into an orgiastic frenzy—then go back to the office and sell every one of the poor bastards down the tube for a nickel apiece.”
Oh, Hunter S. Thompson!  Where are you now that we need you?

 

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...