Saturday, September 15, 2012

Hair And So On

Aline called early to tell me how rehearsal for the first act went on Thursday night (I'm only in act two).  Pretty well, she said, but the piles of books and boxes are still there.  I checked the calendar on-line and saw that I go in on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Good--the more rehearsing the better, is my attitude.
Drove to the community center where we used to have our shows and got the coffee urn Frank had told me was "in the trunk."  Luckily, a nice young township worker was there, went upstairs with me, and carried it down.  It occurred to me that the trunk--big and old-fashioned with brass fittings--would fit in perfectly as part of the decor for You Can't.  I e-mailed Jeanne S. (our props person) and Tonya and the latter told me it was a great idea, so I guess we'll use it.
Piled all the concessions stuff that's been in my guest room since Funny Money on the bed and will transfer to Fred at rehearsal on Monday.
Got my hair cut, colored and styled at 1:00.  I told Shirley I wanted it darker and she accommodated.  Looks good, which it had better, as it cost me about equal to our mortgage on our first home in Ewing.
Stopped at the library after, as Aline had told me she's be volunteering there the last day of the book sale.  However, I was told she had cancelled.  Hoping she didn't have a problem of some kind, I stopped at her house.  No, no prob, her nephew was visiting from Brooklyn and she wanted to see him.  I stayed for ten minutes or so, then left.
After, I dropped in on Leslie to see how little Amelia was doing after her heart operation. Happily, she was released from the hospital a few hours before.  Invited Les to come with me to the Peace Pilgrim Walk in Egg Harbor City today.  She said she's been having trouble with her back, but will if it's not hurting.       

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...