Thursday, September 13, 2012

Smithville

My third in a row lunch-out day.  Met Betty just at noon at a very busy Smithville Inn.  I guess busloads of "seniors"--agh, I hate that term!--are disgorged daily at the "village."  It's really just a collection of seemingly rustic, cutesy-poo, over-priced little shops--or "shoppes"--which preciously border a man-made lake and hasn't seen a "villager" in its entire existence.
All right already, I'll stop with the quote marks.
Tim and Tori came in, having driven from Cape May where they're vacationing.  I was again struck by Tim's resemblance to my father, his grandfather.  Aside from the nose--strictly German from his paternal side--his Irish quarter seems apparent to me, if not to anyone else.
I was so glad to see Tori again.  She and Tim have been together for five years now and that's such a good thing.  Tori, another of the interesting people with which our family abounds--raises chickens, having built their coop herself.  To that, she's added raising talipia, of all things.  She's experimenting with a self-sustaining system by planting certain foliage in the tanks which the fish eat, then nourish the plants in turn.
We had a good, leisurely, convivial lunch, after which Tim and Tori presented us with bottles of authentic maple syrup, harvested by a neighbor of theirs.  After, we strolled around the "village" (sorry), had somebody take a picture, then parted.
Such a nice day in a series of nice days.    

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...