Thursday, December 08, 2005

Had a neat experience yesterday: Was Christmas shopping in Manahawkin at lunchtime and got very hungry. I remembered there's a Subway next to the new WW center there and that Subway has a lot of sandwiches that carry some fairly low points. I stopped in and found the staff there so cordial and helpful. One very courteous young woman (she may have been the manager) even got WW's book listing common items on fast food restaurant menus. It included Subway, and I ordered a yummy chicken teryaki for 7 points. To my surprise, I was told that, for WW members, the first sandwich is free--neat! Thanks, Subway!
Did pretty well at dinner last night. We went to Mercurio's and I had the chicken marsala--maybe not one of the best choices, but I left much of the pasta. Skipped the bread, had salad instead of soup, and gave Pat the dessert (these are included in the meal). At home, just had my regular wine and popcorn and went to bed happy.
What's looming now are Christmas parties and events. Tomorrow, I go to a play/pagaent at St. Teresa's with neighbors and Saturday, we'll attend a "tree-lighting ceremony" other neighbors are having--with refreshments, of course. Sunday is the big Sunrise Bay Christmas party and that's a buffet--oh, dear. More parties next week. Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...