Friday, December 02, 2005

Went Christmas shopping at Hamilton Mall yesterday and had the foresight to bring my WW "Getting Started" book, which list points values of common foods. It also has an ethnic foods section, and I chose Japanese. Had California roll and other vegetarian sushi. It was delicious and only 6 points. Before I got home, stopped at Acme and bought flounder for Pat, salmon, broccoli, and a variety of squash for me. Had a cup of the butternut squash for a snack--a point, but worth it.
Went to the new WW center in Manahawkin, too--first day they were open--and bought a points calculator for sister Betty for Christmas. They'll have meetings 7 days a week, so if I have to miss here, I could attend the next day there.
Incidentally, this blog constitutes a real incentive to stay on program for me. Last night, I was attacked by the urge to have gumdrops (yes, they're in the house--husband snack), but remembering my determinatiion to be honest here, I knew I'd have to report it. I successfully met the challange, didn't have them, and went to bed happy.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Checking to see if comments can be left without commenter opening a blog.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...