Sunday, December 18, 2005

Hem...haw...hem...haw....
I'm hemming and hawing here because yesterday was a falling off the WW wagon one. Met a friend for lunch and we went to the Crab Trap in Somers Point--a terrific restaurant that was a favorite of my mother's. After all my smug talk about always ordering a safe Caesar salad when I go out for lunch, I heard myself asking for the fried oyster and chicken salad platter. Incredibly, it came with two sides and I ordered pickled beets (the virtuous me) and delucious red potatoes roasted with onions and garlic and swimming in oil (the evil twin). Had a glass of chardonney, too, but at least no dessert.
I thought the day wasn't a total disaster because I'd just have spaghetti squash for dinner--but no, I got hungry and heated up the left over salmon. That was okay, but I then gobbled down some cheese puffs and those damn gumdrops. Come to think of it, it could have been a lot worse because there's ice cream in the freezer and Oreo cookies on the counter.
Guess what? We have another party today! This is an open house from noon to 4; guess we'll go over about 1. Let's see how I do with moderation--NOT my middle name. Hem...haw...

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...