Monday, December 19, 2005

Greatly enjoyed the party at Julie and Gary's yesterday and I DIDN'T go off the deep end in the food department. True, I had two glasses of wine, some chicken florentine, and a piece of cheese pie (can NOT remember how to spell that), but mostly ate a lot of plain boiled shrimp and--tah dah!--ignored the desserts! This for me was monumental. Once home (party was 12 to 4), I had broccoli and squash for dinner. I confess I later had some pretzels and raisins and finished up the handful of gumdrops, but I'm okay with that.
I weigh in tomorrow. Considering the parties and so on, I don't expect a loss. I'm even reasonably all right with a slight gain. I still feel satisfied--not estatic, of course, but satisfied--that I'm doing pretty well so far in the holiday season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen your grad-daughter's website lately? Or, are you 'oh so busy' with your endless rounds of parties and gaiety?

Mimi said...

Granddaughter? What granddaughter?
Do you mean little Vivian (or as she's better known, Preshy)? Why, I look at her web site almost every day, and commented on her latest adorable pictures to my son, who seems oblivious...

Anonymous said...

Really? That is interesting. However, your son hasn't seen any recent comments on the two new pages or 40+ photos that he labouriously posted yesterday...

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...