Saturday, December 31, 2005

The less said about yesterday, the better. Not as bad as the day before, but I did deviate. Now I think I should quit ignoring, and try to analyze the problem: I've been eating a light--probably too light--lunch, then get ravenous by about 4:00. We don't have dinner until 6:00, so I have maybe, a squash, or broccoli. These don't satisfy, as I seem to crave carbs, so I start munching pretzels. I then am indifferent to dinner (last night, just had the other half of my salmon, about 4 ounces). After I clean up after dinner, I seem to immediately start in on the wine and--yes, more pretzels. Last night, I finished them, had another glass of wine, then a fair amount of after-dinner mints left over from Christmas...
You know, I had to quit typing just now to compose myself! I was laughing so hard I almost fell off the new office chair son Mike gave me. Geez, talk about obsesssive! And talk about human garbage pail! Notice, I'm ON WEIGHT WATCHERS, yet I'm scarfing anything that isn't tied down! In a very weird way, it strikes me funny.
Nothing much to be done today except try to get back on the program. Tomorrow is our progressive dinner, too, and THE NEXT DAY, the Weight Watchers meeting, where I'll face the scale. And remember, I had a two week hiatus!
The problems are compounded by the fact that my usual exercise program (the 3 mile "Walk Away the Pounds" DVS at the clubhouse 3 days a week, and about a mile brisk walk with Susan the other days) have gotten sporatic over the holiday. Susan is in Connecticut for a delightful reason: her first grandchild, adorable little Sophia. Of course, I guess I could walk by myself, but no, that's too simple.
Oh, the hell with it. Can only resolve to stick to the program today and most of tomorrow, then show up on Tuesday for weigh-in and keep smilin'.
The one--and probably only--bright spot in all this is the fact that I've continued to honor my commitment to be honest in this blog. If I get cagy, all seems lost.
2006, here I come!

3 comments:

Mimi said...

TWO CARTONS!?! Wow, that seems like a lot. Your suggestions sound great, though, and I'm going to try them. Never thought of FF sour cream. Thanks, Bed!

Anonymous said...

Your son gave you a new chair! Wow, what a remarkable person he must be...

Mimi said...

He is a remarkable person, in fact, and a very generous and loving son, too. New chair/new country: it's the U.K. in June!

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...