Thursday, December 22, 2005

Had a great birthday yesterday at Alison's and received nice gifts of jewelry, a book, and from son Mike, a digital camera. Best part was being with my family, of course, especially after a stressful day of discovering I had nails in 3 of my 4 tires (new 3 months ago) and having to go to Sears to have one replaced (other 2 could be patched). Had to jump in the shower the minute I got home, but made it up to Cream Ridge in plenty of time.
Got calls from daughter Ellen, son Mike, and of course, my twin, Betty (it's so nice to share a birthday with your sister), brother Frank, and a birthday e-mail from son Patrick in Tokyo and cousin John.
Oh, that's right, this is a "Weight Watchers/food/my struggles" blog, so I'll comment on those topics: Alison served up a great dinner, with curried rice, stringbean casserole, and a delectable main dish, Normandy Chicken, which included apples, onion, and heavy cream. Did I indulge? You bet. Did I over-indulge? Hell, yes, to the point of two large servings of almost everything, topped off with a big piece of cake and ice cream. Not to worry: I'll stay on the straight and narrow today--until, that is, the dessert party at Barbara and Frank's tonight.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...