Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Great day with Ellen and Alison yesterday. We went to an aquarium at Point Pleasant--a modest one, with just enough to see and do--then back to Alison's for dinner on a gloomy, overcast day. I had packed up and brought all the leftovers from Christmas dinner and the five of us (Pat drove up separately and good son-in-law Mike was there, too, of course) enjoyed a second-day dinner. (In the old south, brides' trousseaus used to include a "second-day dress.") It was so good.
Today, I must take Ellen up to Princeton to catch the shuttle to JFK (sob!). It's been a joy to have her here, but her visit was all too short. I'm hoping she'll be back in the summer.
A-l-ll righty. Guess I'd better revert back to the real reason for this blog. My diet yesterday can be summed up in one word: A disaster. (Yeah, yeah, that's two words, but it's an old joke.) I had two fried eggs--fried in butter, mind you--and two pieces of toast--with butter--for breakfast, then a cheese sandwich at Alison's for lunch. Dinner included all the usual suspects, with pie, and when we got home, a sampling of cookies and chocolate candy. TODAY is WW weigh-in day, but I can't be there because of taking Ellen--that's not my fault, is it?
RESOLVED: To get back on the WW path, at least until New Year's Day, when we host the dessert portion of our progressive dinner.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...