Monday, December 05, 2005

Ouch! I fell off the wagon yesterday--late in the day, when most of my transgressions happen. Just was drawn by those damn gumdrops and gobbled about ten large ones. Now, the next day, of course, I feel guilty and regretful. I had been so good and I go to weigh-in tomorrow. Sigh...
Just take a glance at that paragraph and note those words. It seems we automatically use the language of morality to describe our weight-loss experiences. Overweight and over-eating are so entangled in the idea of right and wrong--it's disturbing to realize that. May have something to do with the constant bombardment of attractive, slim people on T.V., in print advertising, and everywhere else as the ones who really matter, the "good" ones, the standard people, whereas the huge percentage of those overweight are invisible--too horrible to look at, and "bad" to boot, I guess.
Well, the hell with it. The lousy gumdrops were just gumdrops and I'll go on from here. Unfortunately, I don't feel as if I've lost any this week, which is kind of depressing. If I haven't, I'm just going to have to fine-tune the diet.
Had grouper for dinner last night. Never tried it before and probably never will again. It's about the most tasteless, bland, and blah fish I ever ate. Sure, you could dress it up with all kinds of topping, etc., but if you have to do that, why not just have salmon or swordfish, both of which are so yummy they just need a little lime or lemon juice?
Will go with Susan and Leslie this morning for exercise at 8. Less than twenty-six hours to weigh-in!

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...