Sunday, May 16, 2021

Saturday

Walked to Smart 'n' Final and the Dollar Tree after breakfast for various, so I got three in. Jim came at his usual 1:00 for lunch and we had our usual satisfying talk. Since he's a San Francisco native, I told him about my latest favorite on YouTube: a series of videos of the graves of famous people in cemeteries all over the country. I've always like that topic--it may be a morbid fascination, but I don't think so. Anyway, he was born and brought up in the Sunset district of SF--I have no idea where that is, naturally.

Jim stayed until 3:30, after which I bused to the mall. I had read that Trader Joe's was no longer requiring masks and I thought I'd go there and see if it felt odd. Well, far from it--the store was pretty crowded and I went down aisle after aisle; I was the only one unmasked. I just can't fathom why people would cling to that former requirement. I asked about it and was told only those who had had the vaccine could go unmasked--but they don't ask if anyone has been jabbed. Curious anyway you look at it.

Home at 6:00 and I had a well-balanced meal of about two ounces of leftover turkey, some cooked carrots, and a banana. Oh, well, I usually eat well and I had had a turkey sandwich at lunch. The weather's been annoyingly overcast and chilly--May Gray, I guess, and what's coming may be June Gloom. 

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Hi Mom,
The CDC does not require anything, they only recommend. The County of Ventura is waiting for guidance from the State of CA to decide what to tell businesses. I assume that many businesses will continue to require their customers to continue to stay masked for a while more, because most of their employees (and customers) under 50 have not yet had time to become fully vaccinated. For example, Greg will not be fully vaccinated for another week, even though he got his vaccines almost as soon as they were available for him. There are other customers who are deciding not to get vaccinated. So, until all of the employees of a business have a chance to become fully vaccinated, which will be in another month or so, I think it's more than fair to ask customers to stay masked.

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...