Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Tuesday

Changed the bed and did a white wash. Got a call about 9:30 from my tenant, Susan. She was asking if I had heard from Erik, the appliance guy, who looked at the fridge last month. I hadn't, so called and was called back by Michelle, who will contact Susan. Not sure if the "fix" he did worked or not and I guess it will need a part.

Walked over to Von's and got (yesterday's) mail. I was surprised to receive a letter from Joe B. saying he was sending me $1400.00. Oh, that's right, I had gotten an email to that effect last week or so. The letter he sent was written, I'd say, on a fifth-grade level, with the usual clichés and platitudes. What's funny is--well, it's not so funny--I don't need the money. But I guess I won't send it back. 

After lunch,  I walked to the park and the little library. Left off some books and DVDs and picked up two. I called Betty while I was there and found that Pat (Kennedy) Hayes was visiting. That's nice and Betty knows who she is--good.  

At 5:00, we had our Zoom Happy Hour. I was surprised when Carolyn checked in, but Nancy didn't. After C. and I talked a bit, we decided I should call her. I did and she said she had forgotten it was Tuesday. That was okay, but what wasn't was the fact that she slipped and "heard something pop" in her hip. She said it's only painful if she walks and she's treating it with cold packs but she'll go to the doctor if it isn't better in a day or two. Wow, I think she should go to the doctor now, but it's not up to me. Carolyn and I chatted for about a half hour, but it's hard to get her to talk much. 

Again had a difficult time sleeping. Darn, I hope this doesn't last.

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...