Thursday, May 06, 2021

Wednesday

Much as I loved being at Ellen's, it was good to be home, too. Slept well and got up at my usual 6:30 and change. After breakfast, I found it oddly satisfying to do some food prep: i.e. chopping up my tomatoes and onions, adding oil, vinegar and seasonings, then roasting for forty or so. That will provide my salad with its veggie assist to the lettuce).

Then, an annoying incident: My sworn enemy, Bank of America, had not posted my tenant's rent check, which (I thought) I had scanned. In a huff, I walked there for the second day in a row. After some this and that, it seems I didn't actually scan the damn thing, though you couldn't prove it by me. Anyway, it got deposited and I'm going to have to be more diligent about it.  

After lunch, I walked to Smart 'n' Final for more provisions, including more veggies. I had a vegan dinner, then El called and we chatted. She taught from home yesterday, but resumes at school today.

With both treks yesterday, I had walked five, so I can't understand why I was so wakeful last night. (Wednesday to today, Thursday, that is). I got up for the usual at 2:25 (I probably shouldn't have looked at the time) and it took what seemed like hours to fall back asleep. I just got up at 7:30; maybe I'll take a nap today.  

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...