Monday, May 10, 2021

Mothers' Day

 A lovely Mothers' Day. I had scheduled the Access Van to take me to Ellen's by noon, but as ever, it came early and I got there before 11:00. Annoying, but we enjoyed playing with the kitties, anyway. I was so glad when Greg came in, as I haven't seen him since Christmas. We had some good talk together and with El. 

El had asked me what I wanted on "my day" and rather than go out to eat (I knew the restaurants would be jammed), I said I'd like to eat out in her yard. What did I want? A Rueben--why not? I was surprised and pleased that Greg knew what went in it (after all, he's Italian, not Jewish) and El made it herself. It had the requisite Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, Russian dressing on rye. As for the meat, she and Greg got pastrami instead of corned beef, but I honestly couldn't tell the difference. She served it hot and it was just delicious. I had a Stella Artois (beer) with it and macaroons after--what a treat, considering what I usually eat--or don't eat.

Beforehand, El and I had Margaritas and I even had another. Yummy-yum to that, too. She, Greg, and I then watched an old Father Knows Best episode from 1956--when I was twenty and not yet married. I'm always interested in acting styles--not to mention the sets, costumes, scripts, attitudes, and so on--and how much they change through the years. I don't think I could stand watching something like this very often.

El gave me a pretty plant and two handmade cards that were so sweet they made me cry. I stayed until about 4:30, then said goodbye to Greg and El drove me to Office Max, as I needed printer ink. Before we went in, Mike and Paula called from Singapore and we had a nice chat. Paula is going to Montenegro on a photo shoot for a week (something she designed) and has to be quarantined in a hotel for a week after.  

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...