Friday, May 07, 2021

Thursday

Although I hadn't slept well, I galvanized myself after breakfast. Deadheaded, then tied up my pretty daisies on the patio. Also washed, trimmed, and cut two pounds of carrots, added "cuties" (the small tangerines I like) and cinnamon, and set to low in the slow cooker.

I then walked to the post office to mail off to my tenants the quarterly brochure from the Little Egg water company. Just before I got there, Stella called to see about prospects for lunch and walking. We tentatively decided on today and The Himalayan, which Stella had suggested before. I don't remember ever having Tibetan food, but assuming I can get some that isn't spicy, I want to try it.  

Met neighbor Michelle on the way in and we walked together. She asked to see my apartment--she has a two-bedroom on the second (top) floor in another building. She liked the fact that I have hard floors in the dining area, kitchen, and hall; she just got them. We talked about meeting for a drink (that sounds so sophisticated!) one of these days, but we've been talking about that for about two years now.  

To town after lunch to drop the Stephen King book back at the library. I hadn't been to town, just to stroll, for two weeks, and I enjoyed doing it. Got home about 5:00, then went over to Von's for various. I had a big problem with their "Fab 5" promotion--I just don't want to go into details--which was finally settled. For my trouble the manager gave me a huge pile of Monopoly "tokens," with which I could win $25,000, a trip to Disneyland, or a role of aluminum file and--I WON! (Well, I need the foil.) 

Called Stella and suggested we meet at noon at the library, then walk to the mile or so to The Himalayan. We'll do that, after I get past T.O.P.S., breakfast, and busing there. 

Unfortunately, I again had a restless night. I hope my magic elixir, of which I'm about to take the first gulp, will energize me. 

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...