Thursday, May 20, 2021

Wednesday

 I asked Suzanne over to discuss the strange rent thing instituted by SO-FI. Looking on their web site, I saw that one-bedroom apartment, all identical and identical to mine, are now renting for between one thousand dollars a month MORE than I pay and $1212 more. That's $12,000 and $14,544 more per year--it boggles the mind! What's even weirder is that the two-bedrooms now rent for less than that. I even called Bianca, in the office, thinking they were errors. "No," she said breezily, "We just have more demand for one-bedroom apartments." Now all the one-beds have the exact same footage, so what am I missing? It's incredible.

Another dopy difference is that Bennie next door is charged a service fee of $3.99 for preparation of the utilities bill (that, in itself, is an outrage) and I'm charged $4,47. We have exactly the same apartments, so what possible reason could there be for that? 

Picked up some stuff at Von's, had lunch, then hopped a bus to Oxnard. I just walked to The Collection, scouted around Whole Foods looking for Greg, but didn't see him, so he must not have been working. Walked back to the bus stop and got home about 5:30.

Jim called and we chatted--thrilled to see the sun again--and he suggested lunch today. Sure thing and he'll be here, as usual, at 1:00.  

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...