Saturday, May 15, 2021

T.O.P.S. And Other Stuff

For the first time in--what, a year? More than a year?--we met for T.O.P.S. at Trinity Lutheran, Bobbi picking me up at 8:30. There were seven of us, plus a guest, Lennie's sister from North Dakota. Oddly, I had lost a bit according to my scale at home (at 129.2, I was down .02), but gained a bit at the meeting (at 130.1, I was up .07). 

But if I had ever on the fence about dropping out, yesterday decided me. It was another pointless, meandering bore, with members just randomly chatting, showing pictures of grandbabies, recounting  recent forays into home repairs, and blah, blah, blah. Lolly tried to get someone to volunteer to be "leader," which entails a lot of uncompensated work and who would want to do it? Nobody in the existing group, it seems. We have two more meetings before Lolly moves away and that, for me, is going to be it. To top it off, I didn't sit down to breakfast until 10:30 and I just can't live with that. 

By the time I walked to The Market, it was noon. I got this and that, including (am I insane?) a box of masks, now that the CDC seems to be easing up restrictions (story of my life).  I ran the dishwasher, but once again, the rinse water seemed to come up into the sink. Called the office and Gabe came over and fixed it. 

I put in a color wash and while it was going, dead-headed some the daisies. I must get out to clean up the patio, but it's been downright chilly lately and I'm going to wait. 

Since Jim and I had been discussing death, I sent him Daylan Thomas'es "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night." It's expresses exactly my take on death. "And Death Shall Have No Dominion" is striking, too, but it's a little obscure. He wrote back thanks and "are we meeting on Saturday?" as if I'm the social director. But I was pleased he initiated that and wrote "sure!" so I'll see him for lunch today.

   

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...