Monday, May 17, 2021

Sunday Nun-Day

Did the usual Sunday (the crossword was annoyingly obscure), then food prep involving bean stew and three onions. Somebody at T.O.P.S. had asked me to bring to the next meeting my picture before I lost weight. It's about ten years old, so doesn't illustrate my most recent (and, I'm convinced, final) weight loss of 52 pounds, but here I am at 204 pounds:

After lunch, I bused to Telephone Road, in order to get to the Grocery Outlet in East Ventura. I was interested to see an anti-vax demonstration at Telephone and Victoria. I wasn't wearing a mask--naturally, since it was out in the open air--and exchanged some pleasantries with a man. I told him I had gotten the vaccine, but respected his position. He was holding a sign saying "Christianity is the answer," so I guess these were members of one of the many small church congregations in Ventura. Hey, I can tolerate his kind better than the sanctimonious types who are constantly preaching about CO-VID and how you'll burn in secular hell if you don't get the vaccine. I had enough of that kind of thing growing up. Here's the group:

Went on my way and visited Grocery Outlet. I didn't buy anything because, if truth be told, I didn't really need anything--just wanted to get out. 

Shortly after I got home, I was pleasantly surprised when Suzanne called, asking if I'd like to come in to her place for Happy Hour (she had O'Doul's, of course). She's contemplating retiring for good, although she doesn't want to. She had gone from full-time to half about a year ago and she loves her work. Unfortunately, her fibro neuralgia and more recent leg problems means she's sometimes in pain and she doesn't want to be an unreliable employee. She asked me my opinion and I suggested possibly she could act as a consultant and/or an on-call lecturer. She'll think about that and we chatted for a half hour or so.



 



Cryptic note to myself, re Vanguard: I transferred in some from BOA savings account on April 19, 2021 and some on May  , 2021.      

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...