Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Fridge And Feistiness

Whew, kind of an up and down day. I received an unwelcome phone call from Michelle, of Erik's Appliances, to tell me about the two parts Erik had ordered for the fridge at my house. One was on back order and they wouldn't have any until June--and the other? They simply don't make it anymore, so that's that. I looked up new refrigerators and realized I'd have to bite the bullet and pay about a thou and a half, if not more. I sent my tenant an email saying I'd deal with the problem shortly. I had intended to go to Lowe's to look at new refrigerators, then somehow have one installed in my house in Jersey. However, see later for good news.  

Walked to The Market for staples--broccoli, mushrooms, and lettuce, then home, skipping the bus this time.  After lunch, I bused to town and did my Main Street to "The Avenue" routine, so I got about five total in for the day. Ellen called when I was on my way home just to say hello, which I always enjoy. 

I was even more pleased to get an email from Susan, my tenant, that said it really wasn't necessary to get a new fridge at this time. They'd use the fix Erik showed them and were okay with that. Wow, talk about good tenants! For all I know, they're running a drug ring from the house, but hey, they're A-OK in my book.  

Niece Carolyn called and we had a good long talk. I then called Betty and we had a not-so-good shorter talk; she's getting more and more incoherent. I hope to get to Santa Barbara next week to see her.

The top of the day? I got this from son Mike, of my sweet (well, not so sweet, more like feisty) granddaughter, Violet, who's on the cusp of teenhood (July 10):



No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...