Sunday, May 23, 2021

The Floor And Facetime

I finally got around to cleaning the hard floor. As usual, I did it via the Bona method--where has it been all my life?--first using the dusting head, then the wet mop. I washed the bath rugs and tub mat at the same time; looks good. I was surprised to see it was only 10 am when I finished--yay!

Took my cart to Smart 'n' Final and got blueberries (they're abundant now, I'm happy to record), lettuce, bleach, and peanuts. On the way, I recited to myself both my "Dream" poem and the little verse I wrote for Lolly. Now I want to find some reasonable attractive way to present her with it.

Bused to town after lunch. I had been hesitant, since I knew it would be jam-packed on such a sunny Saturday. Because I was worry about CO-VID? Hell, no, because there were so many happy people having lunch with friends and family, making me feel lonely. However, I went and didn't feel that way--just enjoyed it.

Enjoyed even more a Facetime call from Mike. I got to see Violet and Vivian, too--darling girls. Vivian has colored her hair in a kind of dark blonde--boy, does she look gorgeous. Violet is learning Japanese--not in school, but in a language class. Paula is coming back from Pakistan and will have to be quarantined for a week in a hotel when she gets back to Singapore. It was so good to see and hear from them.

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...