Thursday, May 27, 2021

Luncheon For Lolly

Jim called early, asking if I was free for lunch. Nope, nor today either, and he's busy Friday, but how about Saturday or Sunday? Saturday--good.

Cheryl picked me up at ten of twelve and it was great to see her again. We were surprised when we got there that Luisa was already seated at the table. The other six came in by 12:30 and we proceeded to have a ball. We had lunch (white roughy* for me and several others) and I had a Topa Topa beer--everybody else, good little girls that they are, had soda or iced tea. Sharon presented Lolly with a lovely mermaid necklace and matching earrings and I recited the verse below, then had everyone sign the card and write little notes. (As anyone can see, my art/craft skills are on the third-grade level--on a good day.) 

Here's Lolly's card:

It was great fun and we stayed for two hours. After Cheryl drove me home, I just switched purses, then got the 6 bus to Oxnard. Went to Whole Foods, saw Greg (who said he's doing much better), bought a loaf of Dave's Killer Bread, and waited--and waited--for the bus back. 

I called my pal, Pat R., while I was waiting and we had an enjoyable talk. Pat is recovering form surgery and is having to do a bunch of therapy to get back in shape. That's a drag, but she sounded pretty buoyant and we had a good time talking about theatre, men and their picadilloes, and the distressingly high incidence of death in one's graduating class.

Anyway, it was a good day and shortly, I'll take off for Santa Barbara and Betty.  

*It's a fish, SpellCheck, and that's the way you spell it--not "roughie," damnit!





1 comment:

iloveac said...

I think the graphics are very good and so appropriate. Can't read the verse...maybe you could post it in black font. Great talking with you last night Rosemary. Thanks for checking on me.

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...