Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Gail And Blueberries

 I got my cart and set off for The Market about 9:00. I had just passed the back gate when I got a call from Gail; I was surprised to hear she was at the front entrance. (She did the same a few days ago and then, I was on the bus going somewhere. I'm puzzled as to why she doesn't call first to make sure I'm there.) Anyway, she brought me a zippered sweat shirt in a sort of raspberry color; said she wanted me to have it, as it's too big for her. I told her about The Himalayan, the Tibetan place I went to with Stella and she asked if we could do the same. On Friday, she's "dog-sitting" at her friend's beachfront place in Malibu (two mil or better, I'll bet), and we made a date for Thursday. 

When I got home, I tried on the sweat shirt and it's much too small. Gail is very slender (and tall) and I think she thinks because I have thin legs, the rest of me is, too. Even with the weight loss, it isn't; I still wear a 12 or 13. 

Got produce at The Market and was delighted to see they had blueberries--finally, they're in season again. I bought three 18-ounce containers, put one in the freezer and feasted on them during my DVD hour.

Bused to town after lunch and just stopped in a few places. It was quiet, but I'm sure will get more active as the week goes on. Home a bit after 5:00.  

Sharon R., a fellow T.O.P.S. member, called to see if I planned to go to the meeting Friday at Trinity Lutheran. I said I think Bobbi is going to pick me up. Sharon said she'd take me if Bobbi didn't. Fine, but I told her I'd likely drop out shortly, anyway. I just don't get enough out of it, I'm afraid, to stay in and the negatives outweigh the positives for me.

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...