Monday, May 31, 2021

Sunday

After breakfast, I pared and chucked the yams I had bought, put them in a pan with water, and set it to simmering. When they were finished, I divided them into my Corning ware, which I put in the fridge and two small casseroles, which I stowed in the freezer.

Ellen came about 11:30 and we went off to Target. She got end-of-the-year little gifts for her third-graders and I got iron, the only thing I actually needed. After, we went to the Wood Ranch for lunch. It was jammed, of course, as all the restaurants probably were, but we had to wait only 15 minutes. El had a pulled pork platter and I had a big rare juicy hamburger (since I don't eat red meat at home, it's a special treat when I'm out). We both had roasted Brussels sprouts, I a beer and El iced tea.

We came back to my place and sat and chatted on the patio for a bit. Said goodbye and off my girl went. I was restless after that, so I walked a little--just around the block.

Today being Memorial Day, the buses don't run. Since I like to at least semi-plan my activities (but I'll always jettison them if I get a better offer), I think I'll walk to Smart 'n' Final and The Dollar Tree. I also need to clean up the patio and will try to galvanize myself to do that, too. 

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...