Thursday, March 25, 2021

Wednesday

I forgot to mention that on Monday, I received the rent payment from my new tenants: Via check! Sent through the U.S. mail! AAGH! 

I fervently hope they don't keep up this bizarre behavior. I sent Susan, who seems to handle the finances (as I did throughout my marriage), an email suggesting they go electronic and, ideally, automatic. I know she's in her fifties and that she has an office job, so I'm mystified.  Of course, I should have known when she didn't ask for my account info. Anyway, I walked to the bank and consulted one of the officers about that and about Vanguard, with which I'm still dealing. If Susan continues to send checks, I'll put the app on my phone to deposit them that way, but it would be a drag.

I got home just in time to board the bus for town and meet Noreen at 1:00 at Finney's. What a delightful time we had! We sat outside to eat--weather was perfect--and talked and talked. She had both knees replaced--or whatever they do to knees--and that improved her life a lot (but losing her son last December didn't).  Interestingly, Noreen is planning a trip to a national park with her gentleman friend--in his RV. She's 85 and he's a year older.

I had delicious little bratwurst sandwiches--first time I've had red meat in several months, as I don't eat it as a rule--and a good hoppy beer.  So good to be out, especially there. We said goodbye about 3:00 and I walked Main to the bus stop. Browsed in some of the shops and bought a one-serving, oven-proof bowl with a lid. Home about 4:30 and I organized some tax deductible stuff.  

Stella texted me about a walk on The Promenade, then lunch at the Aloha tomorrow. Darn, I have a mammogram scheduled, but maybe I can meet her after or re-schedule. Hope so--I'm always reluctant to violate one of my cardinal rules: Never turn down an invitation. 


No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...