Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Peeps And People

Called Betty in the morning and we had our usual confused and circular chat. After breakfast, I walked the Peeps package to the P.O. and was told postage to Singapore would be $25 something, with no guarantees about when it would arrive at customs. Next step up was $59.75 for six to ten days to customs. I chose the latter and oh, yes, I'm going to extract it from my little Mikey. He can afford it and it's essential for the mental and emotional health of the whole family that they get their Peeps by Easter.

Home, I made myself deal with the ever-growing pile of paper work and filed a lot of it. Called the office again about the water thing. It's actually flowing considerably better than it has, but where it comes out is still corroded with green minerals, so I need a new thingy. After that, I idly looked up my Amazon Visa credit card to see what I owed--I haven't used it much--and saw a balance of $257, which included a charge of $240.00 to "Patty Pachas" on February 27. What? Who? Never heard of it her (or it). I then spent 45 minutes on the phone with Amazon, Visa, and Chase, cumulating in the fraud department. It's removed and I closed the card, which I've had for only a few months, anyway.

Escaped from the dreary financial stuff by busing to town. Stopped at the ARC thrift store and bought a number of plastic hangers. Why? Because I'm culling my closet and will call the truck to get my donations. I thought it was a good idea to have clothes on hangers to keep them unwrinkled. 

On the way home, Betty called, and I told her I'd call her when I got home. In the meantime, her daughter, Carolyn, called and asked me to call her, too. I did when I got home and we had a long talk. Called Betty after and we chatted.



No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...