Saturday, March 06, 2021

T.O.P.S., Town, And The Ventnor Beach

Weight report: At home, I stayed at 128.4, on the T.O.P.S. scale, I was 128.5, a whopping .04 loss from last week.  (At our regular T.O.P.S. meetings, the "weight report" was revealed every week--how many pounds lost, how many gained--in the aggregate, that is. I'm perfectly okay with not hearing that.)  

Called Jim to ask where he got the bifocal glasses he has; he said at Rite-Aid. I guess I should go back to the ophthalmologist, but I just hate to, for a variety of reasons. Anyway, we talked and he'll be over today for our usual lunch.

Finally heard back from my ungrateful wretch of a son, Mike (all my sacrifices! working my fingers to the bone for him! And does he appreciate it? Actually, yeah, I think he does), who said he'd set up a Zoom meeting for over the weekend. Can't wait to see him and his girls.

After lunch, I bused to town for the first time in awhile. It was fun to be back and I got my three miles in. I loved seeing the people at the various restaurants (outside, of course), but still didn't hear anyone asking me to join them. 

I put some pictures on Facebook, one of Monsignor Moran, pastor of St. James, and these two:

Mom wrote on the back: "Wyoming Ave. This is the approach to the boardwalk. The house directly behind is on Ros. (Rosborough) Ave. & received considerable damage to roof and garage." This was after the hurricane in either 1942 or '44; not sure which.
That's my mom on the left, Frankie, 2, next to her. The others are my Aunt Mary and Uncle Ed Renz, plus assorted Byrne and Renz kids. Betty and me? Oh, we were there--just not "out" until a few months later.











No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...