Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Visa And Various

I called the carpet cleaning people first thing. I'm wasn't sure what happened that my credit card payment was refused, but I researched a bit. I found had charged it to an Amazon Visa card I closed shortly thereafter. I had forgotten this hadn't come off yet. 

I'm also dealing with other money stuff: I want to be able to easily transfer money into Vanguard from my accounts at BOA. You have to jump through hoops to do it, but it's coming along. They're most concerned, of course, with transferring the other way, but now I have much too much in the savings account, which is paying about two cents a month interest (literally), so why not have it elsewhere? 

Before lunch, I put a few cups of dry black beans in the slow cooker, added chopped onion and seasonings, and let 'er go. Ate, then bused to town. I walked The Promenade, as I needed to see the ocean and the sand again. Went almost the whole length, which is about four miles, and it felt so good.

Waiting on the avenue for the bus back, I called Stella. We made a tentative date for Friday to walk. I hope I can persuade her to a restaurant for lunch, too. The only problem with Stella is that she strolls and likes to link arms as we walk. This makes me antsy as 1. I walk briskly and 2. I don't really like having my arm held as I walk. I think she used to do this with Arthur, her dear departed husband, and I don't want to hurt her feelings, so guess I'll just endure it.

Had a vegan dinner consisting of the beans (yummy), carrots and tangerines (yummy), and peas (yummy).  Later, of course, while I watched my hour of movie*, I had my blueberries, grapes, and popcorn. 

* Incredibly, after Eyes Wide Shut (talk about your sexy movie) and Miracle On34th Street (talk about your wooden acting), I'm watching Village of the Damned, made in England, black and white, starring George Sanders, and sixty-one years old. Even more incredibly, I'm enjoying it. 

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...